Mr. Pekonen acted during the years 1976-2001 in the World Bank (Washington D.C) and Finnfund, Finland in various professional and managerial positions, including the responsibilty of the CEO for Finnfund in 1986-2001. In these capacities, his experience is composed of inter alia:
- thorough and long experience of the international development banks and their activities (World Bank, IFC, EBRD, EIB)
- the major experience on the direct investment activities of the key Finnish industrial companies in the emerging markets
- in-depth and wide experience on the individual productive investment projects and their financing (about 300 realised investments)
- representative geographical and regional working experience of the major economies in the emerging markets (more than 40 countries)
- Board working experience in the enterprises established and operating in the emerging markets
- close collaboration with the major private and public banks and guaranteeing agencies operating in the emerging markets and in the international field.
In the section References in this website, a group of representative advisory assignments has been introduced describing well EGMA’s key activities.